As has become the tradition, fall maintenance on the site is now complete. This year the updates were minor, but there are a few things to note as winter approaches:
1) The "Where's Patrick" schedule information on the left side of the page has been updated for the current season. This year my season features dramatically less domestic racing in favour of two significant European trips in January and February. Check the schedule out... there is some cool stuff there and this winter looks to be filled with amazing opportunities.
2) There is a new page titled, "Skis - what you need to know". You can find this link on the top right hand side of the site. Once you click on the link you can scroll down for detailed descriptions of the materials that Fast Trax carries. It is worth a read.
3) The shop has a new blog. Here you can find training ideas, technique and waxing advice as well as wax clinics out of the shop and technique clinics out of Crossfit Armoury. I'll be authoring content for that site as well, but will make sure to post it in both places.
4) Earlier in the fall, Fasterskier asked me to be part of a podcast with some pretty awesome ski techs. This will be a multi part series and you can check out the first instalment here - podcast.
5) If you typically only get the site updates by email (ie, my family), don't forget to check out the actual site from time to time. There are often content updates here that may not come out via email. Check it out here - http://fasttraxproteam.blogspot.com/
6) For the first time in two seasons, I have my own poles - both skate and classic. Don't ask to buy them, they are not for sale. Pretty excited about this!
That is enough for tonight. You can expect to see some more interesting and meaningful content soon.