This is admittedly plagiarized from Johnny Klister
10 Rules for Hosting a Coaches' Meeting
1. Serve beer.
2. Have an agenda ahead of time. Follow it.
3. Don’t repeat yourself. Seriously, don’t repeat yourself.
4. Thank your staff. (Once.) Thank your sponsors. (Once.)
5. Answer every question regardless of how obvious.
6. Print out copies of start lists, weather reports and course maps ahead of time. Seriously, ahead of time.
7. If you need a microphone, use it.
8. “There’s no skiing backwards on the course.”
9. Jokes (especially inside jokes with the race staff) will fall flat. Don’t make them.
10. The meeting should not last more than 30 minutes. 15 minutes is ideal.